- Cláudia Paiva Silva

Thursday, November 27, 2008

A wish for something more (Amy MacDonald) Oh the sun is shining far too bright
For it to still be night
Oh the air feels so cold so cold and old
How can it be light
Oh lets take a walk outside
See the world through each other’s eyes
I wish I was your only one
I think you’re beautiful but your hair is a mess
and your shoes are untied, but that's what I love best. And I, I wish I was the one
you lonely lonely son
and you looked at me that way.
I wish for long lingering glances, fairytale romances
every single day
And you look at me and say I’m your best friend every day
but I wish for something wish for something more
Oh I love you like a friend but let’s not pretend
how I wish for something, wish for something more. Oh the grass is so green
but I can’t see anything, past your eyes
I'm fixated on your smile
your cherry lips make life worthwhile
I'm thinking these things what I’m trying to say
Life gets in my way
every single day. Now the sun is fading and the rain is coming down
And I’m looking at your face but you’re looking at the ground
I see diamonds in your dreams I see pearls around your neck
I see everything that's beautiful, everything that's beautiful.

No comments: